Monday, May 19, 2008

Simplicity

So I saw I wonderful thing today. I was walking down one of the side streets near my house, when I saw a horse cart amidst the bumper to bumper traffic. Horses and donkeys are prevalent enough here to not be that surprised to see one, but its always nice seeing a friendly face instead of a hubcap. However, this horse was quite preoccupied. Oblivious to the honking horns and the suffocating exhaust, he was happily munching on a watermelon. His owner must have left the sweet treat, cracked in half, for his beast of burden to enjoy. The horse had finished off the first half, greedily sucking at the delicious watermelon juice remaining at the bottom of the hollowed out half. Really, who doesn't love watermelon on a hot afternoon? That horse definitely made my day. If you think this entry was completely worthless, at least learn three new Arabic words. Bateekh is watermelon. Hissawn is horse, and Mabsoota is Pauline, i.e. happy.

No comments: